will explain how our organisation uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our
website, request a quote or commission language services from us.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
DeScribe Language Services Ltd collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, physical address for invoicing purposes, phone number, etc.);
- The personal data about you or any other person contained in any document, recording or
verbal communication you send us to translate, transcribe, interpret or for which you have
asked us to provide any other language service, or to enquire about any of these services.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide DeScribe Language Services Ltd with the data we collect. We collect data and
process data when you:
- Send an online quote or place an order for any of our services;
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or voluntarily provide your opinion on any of our social media pages or via email;
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies;
- Submit text to us for translation, the provision of other language services or as reference material as part of your commission.
DeScribe Language Services Ltd may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- If your query for translation services is passed to us from another language provider or contact whom you have approached.
How will we use your data?
DeScribe Language Services Ltd collects and process your data in line with the lawful bases specified
by the General Data Protection Regulation in order to:
- provide you with an accurate translation or other language services to fulfil our contract with
- deliver your translation to you or to an address of your choosing, either by email and/or by a
posted, paper copy, according to your requirements and in order to fulfil our contract with you.
DeScribe Language Services Ltd may share your data with:
- another translator or interpreter with whom we are collaborating for the specific purpose of
providing you with the particular language service that you have requested from us in our
contract with you. These translators and interpreters comply with the General Data
Protection Regulation and have implemented the appropriate safeguards when processing
- our accountants in order to comply with legal financial reporting and taxation requirements.
DeScribe Language Services Ltd will not share your data with any other person or organisation not
listed above without your prior, express consent unless:
- we are required to by statutory authorities in compliance with applicable legislation or it is in
someone’s vital interests to do so;
- you have expressly requested we pass your contact details to another language service
provider with the objective of providing you with a language service;
- we need to follow up on unpaid invoices, or prevent fraudulent transactions by liaising with
county courts, credit reference agencies, debt collection agencies or the police.
DeScribe Language Services Ltd’s director is domiciled in the UK. Whenever we process your data,
we take all necessary security and confidentiality measures in line with the EU General Data
How do we store your data?
DeScribe Language Services Ltd securely stores your data at our offices. We only store our clients’
documents or data in cloud storage or on portable devices with your prior, express consent or at your
DeScribe Language Services Ltd will retain your data according to its use, for the following periods:
- If you request a quote from us, we will retain your personal information and any text you
provide us for 6 months from receipt.
- If you request a standard language service from us, we will retain your personal information, the text you provide us and the translation or document we produce for you for 1 year from
- If you request a certified translation for us, we will retain the translation on file in paper and
electronic copy for 5 years from the date of delivery.
- To fulfil legal taxation requirements, we will retain all invoices for a period of 7 years from the
end of the financial year in which you placed your order for language services.
Once the relevant time period above has expired, we will permanently delete your personal data
from our translation archives, translation software and invoicing records.
In order to provide you with the most accurate and consistent translations and language services,
our translation memories contain historic translations where the data is anonymised, confidential or
sensitive information is removed and where no particulars could identify a particular individual. If
you prefer that the document you have submitted for translation or other language service be
removed from this database past the standard retention period specified above, please email the
data protection officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain our commissions log for 10 years for business planning purposes. Once the 7-year
retention period required by HMRC has expired, your name will be anonymised and the log will no
longer show any identifying particulars.
Where you have previously enquired to us about language services, DeScribe Language Services Ltd
may follow up on a quote we have provided or send you information about related services that we
believe may be of legitimate interest to you.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you have the right at any time to stop opt out and stop
DeScribe Language Services Ltd from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to
be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
DeScribe Language Services Ltd would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data
protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request from DeScribe Language Services Ltd copies of
your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that DeScribe Language Services Ltd
correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request DeScribe
Language Services Ltd to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that DeScribe Language Services Ltd erase
your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that DeScribe Language Services
Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to DeScribe Language Services
Ltd’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that DeScribe Language Services Ltd
transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain
Please be aware that if you ask us to erase your personal data, it may not be possible to provide you
with a full service. We will discuss this with you in detail upon receipt of your request.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of
these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com; call us on +44 (0)1566 471028
or +44 (0)7732 142941 or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, DeScribe
Language Services Ltd, The Orchard Centre, Market Street, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15 8AU,
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and
visitor behaviour information.
you visit our websites.
Privacy policies of other websites
applies only to our website, so if you click on a link to another website, you should read their privacy
How to contact us
on you or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to
contact the Data Protection Officer:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +44 (0)1566 471028 or +44 (0)7732 142941
Or by writing to: Data Protection Officer, DeScribe Language Services Ltd, The Orchard
Centre, Market Street, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15 8AU, United Kingdom
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that DeScribe Language Services Ltd has not
addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s
Office through their webpage at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.