We offer the style of interpreting to suit your event. This will either be simultaneous (real time) or consecutive (speech rendered when the first speaker has finished) and can either be provided face-to-face or remotely.
Who interpreting services are for
Interpreting services are for anyone having an event or meeting in more than one language, where it is important that all parties understand each other correctly.
We all express ourselves more readily and accurately and are more receptive to ideas in our mother tongue. A trained and qualified interpreter will make sure the meeting runs smoothly with no bias in the discussion.
What we offer
Leave the AV technology for your event to us. Our partner, Languages International, will ensure your venue’s AV systems and the interpreters’ equipment blend smoothly for excellent quality sound and images whether it’s a face-to-face or remote interpreting event. Luckily good communication can continue even with physical distancing.
View the best practice guidelines from the International Association of Conference Interpreters for distance interpreting.
Interpreting services fees
Interpreting is normally charged per half day and full day with separate rates for business interpreting for negotiations and appointments and for conference interpreting for formal meetings. Remote interpreting for short appointments will be quoted per project (interpreting time plus preparation time).
How it works
- Contact us with as much notice as possible before the event so we can make sure our team will be available.
- We will discuss with you the purpose, subject matter and structure of your event and the date, venue and languages needed.
- We agree the appropriate style of interpreting and AV technology, where needed.
- You receive and confirm our quote. We kindly ask for a 25% down payment on orders over £2000.
- You provide us with the fine details of the event and the presentations to be given by speakers at least 1 week before the event. This allows your interpreters to prepare and give you the best possible service.
Why Choose DeScribe Language Services?
Qualified, accredited and hand-picked linguists.
Personalised project management from start to finish that fits your requirements.
We handle all the language logistics so you can get the best from your participants.
Innovative, reverse-language revision process resulting in superior quality translations.
Thorough quality control in accordance with ISO standards for translation.